“Actions in Operational Zone” model
1. Write down the model of the problem using the following formula:
At the end of the line, there is no tool for performing the action ‘find the vase and attach itself to it”.
Specify the space which can be allocated in the technical means structure for solving the problem
Around the vase and the line end
Specify the time intervals that are available during the system operation and can be used to transform it.
1. The time before the contact between the line and the vase. 2. The time needed to raise the vase into the boat.
Specify material objects that are present in technical means and can be used as resources.
1. Line. 2. Vase. 3. Sea bottom. 4. Ship. 5. Water. 6. Sea animals. 7. Readily available substance resources.
Specify fields and forces that act during the technical means operation and can be used as resources.
1. Water pressure. 2. Readily available field resources.
Specify the method of transforming the problem model into the problem-solving model.
Introduce an additional tool at the end of the line.
Find and write down the solution model corresponding to the way the problem model is transformed.
An X-component attached to the fishing line end finds the vase, attaches itself to it and holds it until it is raised into the boat.
Specify the requirements for the resource you are looking for using the following scheme:
- What, where and when should be done
- Resource properties.
- Find the vase.
- Hold the vase reliably.
- Be well-fixed to the fishing line.
- Be easy to control.
- Hold the vase throughout all of the lift.
- Not destroy the vase.
- Be able to work at a depth of 100 meters.
- Be inexpensive and readily available.
Find and write down the idea of a solution to the problem taking into account all the information gained in the previous steps.
Comparing the list of the X-component requirements and available resources gives a hint that it is possible to use a bottom-dwelling animal living in burrows.
Conclude whether the solution to the problem is satisfactory or the solving process should be repeated using this problem model or another one.
Finding and using such an animal will help solve this problem.